Sunday 12 February 2012

July 21 2011 - Marinated Feta

I am addicted to newspapers and can waste too much time at the weekend reading them but stumbling across this recipe on the net was a real find. The first time, I tried it with two pieces of feta; one made from sheep's milk that I had bought from M and S in a bargain deal, and the other, an Economy cow's milk 'feta' from Sainsbury's. The textures were different when I put them in the dish but by the time I had marinaded them overnight, muddled them up and served up, it was difficult to tell the difference.I added more coriander before serving to give a fresh and astringent bite to the dish and served up the cheeses with a green salad of leaves from a tub in the garden, and some cucumber and avocado to mix in with the juices. They are also good in a lunch box.
The recipe is here and I've also made an equally successful Mediterranean version, subbing a tablespoon each of chopped fresh rosemary and thyme for the chilli and coriander and adding chopped fresh parsley for a garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment