Sunday 12 February 2012

January 5 - Halloumi and Pomegranate Salad

I have followed Niamh Shields' blog, 'Eat like a Girl' for a while and was delighted when her first book was published as part of the Quadrille series, 'New Voices in Food.' I've tried out a few recipes and there are still a lot more that I would like to cook. I bought cooking chorizo from a supermarket to make the pork and chorizo burgers  and I used the rest to make the chorizo and cannellini bean stew a few days later. The passion fruit and lime curd made a nice change from lemon curd.  The orange and cardamom jellies were a hit but we all thought that some  pouring cream over the top of each glass would be better than the clotted cream that is recommended in the book. The halloumi and pomegranate salad (find the recipe here) would make  a great starter if friends were coming round and you could just get it all ready and then fry the halloumi when it was time to eat.

Some of the other recipes have also been reprinted in the Standard but the book is full of innovative, economical recipes and I would go out and get it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment